WhatsApp is rolling out a new update that allows users to transfer their chats from an Android smartphone to an iPhone. The feature will be available on Apple iPhones as part of the ‘Move to iOS’ app, which means new iPhone users will get this option when setting up a new phone.
Apple iPhone users will need to back up and factory reset their phone to use this new WhatsApp update. The announcement was made by Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, via a blog post on Tuesday evening.
Mark Zuckerberg says WhatsApp has the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption are adding.
This has been a long-awaited feature, as till now, there was no way to transfer WhatsApp data between Android and iPhone. There are some third-party tools available in the market but we cannot trust them. The new WhatsApp feature will be launched in WhatsApp beta from today and will be available to all users within a week.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone?
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
- A code will be shown on your Apple iPhone. Enter this code on your Android phone.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen prompts. – Select WhatsApp on the Transfer data screen.
- Click ‘Start’ on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export.
- You will be signed out from your Android smartphone once the data is ready.
- Now click on ‘Next’ to return to the Move to iOS App.
- Click ‘Continue’ to transfer data from your Android smartphone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp from the Apple App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and log in using the phone number you used on your old device.
- Click ‘Start’ when prompted and wait for the process to complete.
- Now Finish Activating your new device and you will see your chats waiting for you.